Nepalese nationals who are interested in acquiring competences as well as engaging in and making a contribution to the social, environmental or health fields may apply for a visa as a volunteer at the responsible German Embassy.
An application may only be filed at the German Embassy in Kathmandu when the applicant has a permanent residence in Nepal.
Applicants should have completed high-school (12 years, +2) and must not be older than 27 years when starting the voluntary service FSJ (voluntary social service) or FÖJ (voluntary ecological service). For the European Voluntary Service (EFD) the age bar is 30. BFD (“Federal Voluntary Service”) is without age limit.
In the case of minors (below 18 years), the consent of the persons entitled to custody is required.
The duration of the voluntary service in Germany can vary between 6 and 24 months, the rule, however is a full year.
If the contract/agreement from the employment agency does not contain any information about your accommodation and meals, please provide supplementary proof of living expenses.
For further details please refer to:
All applicants are advised to schedule an online appointment for a national visa (D-visa) prior to applying for their visa
Personal appearance at the German Embassy is mandatory.
Before submitting your application at the Embassy, please prepare the following documentation:
- valid passport (at least 6 months validity) with at least two empty pages
- application form for a German National Residence Permit (all questions have to be answered) together with Declaration on True and Complete Information according to § 54 AufenthG
- copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Travel health insurance for the time until the start of the contract must be provided (to be presented when the visa is picked up).
- Citizenship Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Motivation letter and Bio Data Sheet (CV)
- Signed contract/agreement of the applicant with the Federal Office (BFD) or with the institution (FSJ / FÖJ).
- Proof of German knowledge (A1 level at VHS Bhaktapur or Goethe Centre Kathmandu)
- If you do not have a basic knowledge of the German language, you must prove by a confirmation of the placement / carrier that language skills are initially waived and you can acquire the language skills through language courses after entry.
- Proof of Education (Academic Certificates) and/or Proof of Work Experience
- Flight reservation
- 3 recent biometrical passport photographs (not older than six months)
- Visa fee equivalent to Euro 75,00 in NPR
Please prepare two identical sets of applications with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original documents along.
Please note that the Department of Immigration of the Government of Nepal may require additional documents to allow departure! www.nepalimmigration.gov.np
Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents or an additional interview
Submission of the above mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.
Submission of incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application.
Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to forward fake or forged documents submitted during the visa process to the police authorities for investigation.
The guidelines are subject to change without prior notice.