All Nepali nationals who intend to do work as a Speciality Cook in the Federal Republic of Germany require a visa prior to their departure.
An application may only be filed at the German Embassy Kathmandu under the provision that the applicant has a permanent residence in the area of jurisdiction of this Embassy.
Please be informed, that employment as a chef is limited to a maximum period of 4 years (§ 11 II BeschV).
The Visa issued to Speciality Cooks is valid for up to 90 days and will be transferred into a residence permit after arrival in Germany by the competent German Immigration Authority. Thus, the Immigration Authority has to be contacted before the visa, valid for 90 days only, expires.
The Visa for a Speciality Cook specialised in Nepalese cooking entitles the bearer of the visa to work in the Federal Republic of Germany only. It permits travelling to other Schengen countries, however not to take up residence.
The German Embassy reserves the right to verify documents (certificates of experience as well as attestation of Chef’s Association and relevant trainings) by a lawyer if needed before the application is forwarded to the competent German Authority for further approval. The process of verification takes between eight and ten weeks.
The amount of the verification fee depends on the origin of your documents. Please inquire at the counter for the amount of verification fee when applying for the visa.
Please note that visa applicants for a Speciality Cook Visa have to take an online appointment prior to submitting their application under: https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=kath&request_locale=en
Admission to the Visa Section of the German Embassy will only be granted at the time of the scheduled appointment. Being late will consequently result in scheduling a new appointment.
The visa application must be supported by all the necessary documents as only applications with complete documentation can be accepted.
Simultaneous applications for a Schengen visa and a visa for a Speciality Cook cannot be processed.
Visa fees are payable in Nepali Rupees. The fees are fixed in Euro (please refer to separate information sheet); therefore, the equivalent in Nepali currency may vary according to the exchange rate. The complete fee has to be paid upon application and will not be refunded in case the visa application is rejected.
Since your application has to be forwarded to the competent immigration authorities in Germany, processing will take at least another six to eight weeks after completion of document verification.
Please prepare the following documentation:
- Valid passport (with at least 12 months validity after the returned schedule and two empty pages)
- 3 recent biometrical passport photographs (not older than six months)
- Application form National Visa PDF / 210 KB (please make sure that both forms are filled out and signed mentioning especially the address of your future residence in Germany as well as your complete home address which includes telephone number and e-mail address in Nepal)
- Signed Declaration on True and Complete Information
- Copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Citizenship Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Motivation letter and Bio Data Sheet (CV)
- Work Contract from German employer (confirming conditions of your employment in Germany, including information on monthly salary and social insurance payments)
Certificate from “Chefs Association of Nepal”
- Proof of six years of work experience
- Health Insurance and Flight Booking – to be provided after approval of visa
- Visa fee (equivalent of Euro 75,00 in NPR)
Please prepare two identical sets of applications with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original documents along.
All documents have to be presented in the given order in original, copies in Format: DIN A4
All documents in Nepali language have to be supported by an English or German translation
Only applications with complete documentation can be accepted
Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents or an additional interview.
Submission of the above mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application. Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to forward fake documents submitted during the visa process to the police.
The guidelines are subject to change without prior notice.