All applicants are advised to take an online appointment prior to applying for their visa.
Personal appearance at the German Embassy is mandatory.
Visa fees are payable in Nepali Rupees. The fees are fixed in Euro (please refer to separate information sheet); therefore, the equivalent in Nepali currency may vary according to the exchange rate. The complete fee has to be paid upon application and will not be refunded in case the visa application is rejected.
Since your application has to be forwarded to the competent immigration authorities in Germany, processing will take at least another six to eight weeks after completion of document verification.
Please prepare one application set with the documents listed (incl. one copy of all documents) and bring your original documents with you. Please do not staple anything and please do not use paper clips, as your application will be scanned immediately after submission.
Please prepare the following documentation:
- Valid passport (with at least 12 months validity after the returned schedule and two empty pages)
- 1 recent biometrical passport photo (not older than six months)
- 1 application form (please use VIDEX)
- Signed Declaration on True and Complete Information
- Copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Citizenship Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Motivation letter and Bio Data Sheet (CV)
- Work Contract from German employer (confirming conditions of your employment in Germany, including information on monthly salary and social insurance payments)
- Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis
- Information about the restaurant where you currently work (menu, pictures)
- Information about all the restaurants where you have worked so far (menus, pictures)
Certificate from “Chefs Association of Nepal”
- Proof of six years of work experience
- Health Insurance and Flight Booking – to be provided after approval of visa
- Visa fee (equivalent of Euro 75,00 in NPR)
All documents have to be provided in German or English language or together with a certified translation.
Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents or an additional interview
Submission of the above mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.
Submission of incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application. Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to forward fake documents submitted during the visa process to the police.
The guidelines are subject to change without prior notice.