Nepalese nationals who are interested in the German language and culture have the chance to get to know the country, the culture, its rich history and the way of living in Germany by applying for a visa as an Au-Pair with the competent German Embassy.
An application may only be filed at the German Embassy in Kathmandu when the applicant has a permanent residence in Nepal.
Applicants have to be at least 18 years of age when starting their Au Pair stay in Germany and should not be older than 27 years when starting their Au Pair stay.
A basic knowledge of the German language in accordance with the Common European Framework Level A 1 is required. Besides the applicant must communicate (understanding questions and responding to them freely) on Level A 1 with the Embassy staff. The host family should speak German and at least one parent in the household has to be a German citizen.
The minimum stay will be six (6) months, the maximum stay will be twelve (12 months).
Please note that an Au Pair stay is possible only once.
For further details please refer to: http://www.au-pair-agenturen.de
or to Gütegemeinschaft Au pair.e.V.
All applicants are advised to schedule an online appointment prior to applying for their visa. The link can be found. on the side before. Personal appearance at the German Embassy is mandatory.
Please prepare the following Documents:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months validity after the scheduled return) with at least two empty pages
- application form for a German National Residence Permit (all questions have to be answered) together with Declaration on True and Complete Information according to § 54 AufenthG
- copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Travel health insurance (covering at least the first three (3) months of your stay in Germany) (valid for all Schengen member States, covering a minimum of Euro 30.000,00)
- Citizenship Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Motivation letter and Bio Data Sheet (CV)
- Au-Pair Contract with the German family (A4 sized copy and duly signed by the host family and the applicant
- Invitation letter from the German family
- Proof of German knowledge (A1 Level at VHS Bhaktapur or Goethe Centre Kathmandu/ certificate not older than 6 months)
- Proof of Education (Academic Certificates) and/or Proof of Work Experience
- Flight Reservation
- 3 recent biometrical passport photographs
- Visa fee equivalent to Euro 75,00 in NPR
Please prepare two identical sets of applications with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original documents along.
Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents or an additional interview
Submission of the above mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.
Submission of incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application. Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to forward fake documents submitted during the visa process to the police.
The guidelines are subject to change without prior notice.