An application may only be filed at the German Embassy in Kathmandu when the applicant has a permanent residence in Nepal.
Applicants have to be at least 18 years of age when starting their Au-pair stay in Germany and should not be older than 27 years when starting their Au-pair stay.
A basic knowledge of the German language in accordance with the Common European Framework Level A 1 is required. Besides the applicant must communicate (understanding questions and responding to them freely) on Level A 1 with the Embassy staff. The host family should speak German and at least one parent in the household should be a German citizen.
The minimum stay will be 6 months, the maximum stay will be 12 months.
Please note that an Au Pair stay is possible only once.
All applicants are advised to register on the waiting list prior to applying for their visa.
Personal appearance at the German Embassy is mandatory.
Please prepare one application set with the documents listed (incl. one copy of all documents) and bring your original documents with you. Please do not staple anything and please do not use paper clips, as your application will be scanned immediately after submission.
Following documents are needed:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months validity after the scheduled return) with at least two empty pages
- 1 recent biometrical passport photo (not older than six months)
- 1 application form (please use VIDEX)
- Declaration on True and Complete Information
- copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Travel health insurance (covering at least the first three months of your stay in Germany)
- Citizenship Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Motivational letter and Bio Data Sheet (CV)
- Original Au-pair contract with the German family (A4 sized and duly signed by the host family and the applicant), for RAL-Au-Pair contracts: copied/scanned version of the contract is sufficient
- “Fragebogen für die Gastfamilie”
- Invitation letter from the German family
- Proof of German knowledge (A1 Level at VHS Bhaktapur or Goethe Centre Kathmandu / certificate not older than 6 months)
- Proof of Education (Academic Certificates) and/or Proof of Work Experience
- Flight Reservation
- Visa fee equivalent to Euro 75,00 in NPR
All documents have to be provided in German or English language or together with a certified translation.
Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents or an additional interview
Submission of the above mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.
Submission of incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application. Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to forward fake documents submitted during the visa process to the police.
The guidelines are subject to change without prior notice.