Generally all applications for an employment visa have to be forwarded to the German Authorities (Immigration Office and Federal Employment Agency (ZAV). Thus the process of your visa application takes approx. 8 – 10 weeks.
Applicants are kindly asked to refrain from any inquiries during the first two months.
All applicants are advised to take an online appointment prior to applying for their visa. Link to the appointment System can be found below
Personal appearance at the German Embassy is mandatory.
Please bring the following documents:
- Valid passport issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least another year as of date of visa application) with at least two empty pages
- 3 recent biometrical passport photographs (not older than six months)
- Application form National Visa PDF / 210 KB for a German National Residence. All questions have to be answered, incomplete forms cannot be accepted.
- Declaration on True and Complete Information
- Copy of all pages of your passport (A4 size copy)
- Citizenship certificate
- Motivation letter explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay
- Bio Data Sheet (CV)
- Employment contract with a company in Germany (bearing the signatures)
- Deputation order from Nepalese employer – if applicable
- Proof of qualification and experience certificates for future employment in Germany
If applicable – Approval by the Federal Employment Agency
Certificate about compulsory health insurance (Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung) from German employer valid from date of employment.
- Visa Fee of Euro 75,00 (equivalent in NPR)
Please prepare two identical sets of application of the a.m. documents and bring your original documents along.
All documents have to be presented in the given order in original, copies in Format “DIN A4” .
All documents in Nepali language have to be supported by an English or German translation.
The German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents.
Only applications with complete documentation can be accepted.
Other employment visa applications, such as for deputations, still have to be forwarded to the competent immigration authorities.
In case of visa approval you will be requested to present a travel health insurance and a flight booking (please refer to the website regarding travel health insurances accepted).
Submission of incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application. The guidelines are subject to change without prior notice.