Adress and Opening Hours
Gyaneshwor 690, Kathmandu.
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, P.O. Box 226, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Administrative / consular district
Monday -Friday 07:45-12:00 or with an individual appointment
for visa matters:
submission of visa applications:
according to our appointment-system , generally Monday - Thursday 08:00 -11:30
collection of visas/passports: Monday -Thursday 13:30 - 14:30, Friday 10:00 - 11:00
for consular matters
e.g. certification of documents:
Tuesday & Thursday 08:30 - 10:30 or with an individual appointment
for documents concerning opening a blocked account:
for collection of documents concerning blocked account:
Thursday 13:00 - 14:00
for German passports and urgent matters of German citizens:
by individual appointment
How to Reach us in Case of Emergency:
Out of office hours and on weekends and holidays there is an emergency service which can be reached by the phone numbers: +977 9851137942 (Nepali) and +977 9851137943 (English, German). Please note that the emergency service office cannot handle visa matters, these can only be dealt with during our regular office hours.
Official languages of local authorities: Nepali, Englisch
Please note: If you are using a telephone-Connection via sattelite (Satcom) higher charges might occur.
Note on barrier-free access
Please note that our Embassy is closed on the following days:
The embassy remains closed during the Christmas Season and new years eve (24 December 2022 - 02 January 2023); only reduced services are offered 27 - 30 December 2022. In case of emergency please contact the emergency phone (please note that the emergency Service cannot handle visa matters).
1. Januar/January: Neujahrstag/New Year's Day
8. März/March: Internat. Frauentag/Internat. Women's Day
7. April/April: Karfreitag/Good Friday
10. April/April: Ostermontag/Easter Monday
1. Mai/May: Maifeiertag/Labour Day
29. Mai/May: Pfingstmontag/Whit Monday
20. September/September: Constitution Day (npl. Nationaltag)
3. Oktober/October: Tag der Deutschen Einheit/German National Day
23. Oktober/October: Dashain/Maha Nawami
24. Oktober/October: Dashain/Vijaya Dashami
13. November/November: Tihar/Laxmi Puja
15. November/November: Tihar/Bhai Tika
24. Dezember/December: Heiligabend/Christmas Eve
25. Dezember/December: 1. Weihnachtsfeiertag/Christmas day
26. Dezember/December: 2. Weihnachtsfeiertag/Christmas day
31. Dezember/December: Silvester/New Year's Eve